The Hypothetical Ball and Chain Saga

What began as a journal of sorts into the mind of someone planning a wedding from afar - the highs, the lows, the in-betweens - that ended in a wedding uniquely ours, to the continuing saga of married life and still being an amazon.

Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Group of friends

I belong to an e-group called W@wies. It's a yahoo group for brides-to-be and grooms-to-be to find help and support from other couples preparing for their wedding. Initially, I didn't really think I would be too involved in it, but once you're in it, you develop a sense of kinship and friendship with them. You all share in the experience since you're all going through the same thing. And if there's anyone out there who thinks that preparing for a wedding is simple, will be in for a nice surprise.

I've met people online who answer questions, give support, help resolve unresolvable problems...and most haven't even met each other - all to help each one to reach the ultimate goal - a perfect wedding (at the perfect cost).

They're great...especially for brides like me who live overseas and need to coordinate the wedding from afar. I get to hear actual feedback about suppliers, hear about new and upcoming suppliers who is unexpensive but with great quality. It's been so helpful and they've really helped control my obsessive compulsive nature. I've learned a lot about letting go and if that doesn't work - sometimes it even helps when I see that other folks are having a much more difficult time about some things than I am (if anyone from the group reads this - sorry. we all have our problems, i suppose.) because that puts things in perspective for me.

So, if anyone out there reads this and is getting married in the Philippines...be sure to check them out: weddings@work.com You won't be sorry. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home