The Hypothetical Ball and Chain Saga

What began as a journal of sorts into the mind of someone planning a wedding from afar - the highs, the lows, the in-betweens - that ended in a wedding uniquely ours, to the continuing saga of married life and still being an amazon.

Thursday, March 02, 2006

Changes


I'm not even going to say that I'm going to start blogging again, not going to say I'm back because that seems to trigger another busy season that makes blogging an impossible task - let's just start this all by saying, HELLO!

Andy Warhol said it best,
"They always say time changes things, but you actually have to change them yourself."
For a long time, there were decisions that had to be made to move forward in my life. In terms of business, work, homelife. But I kept pausing, kept analyzing - I was never one to jump into anything without first checking if the ground before me is solid and stable. Analysis paralysis.

It took over a year to decide to go into business even when the opportunity was just too good to be believed. Over 6 months to decide to quit work, even when the business was thriving and struggling to grow more (never mind the fact that the business would do more for us financially than my job would). Over 1 1/2 years to decide to buy a house, to upgrade our "starter" house, always thinking we weren't ready, didn't need it, couldn't afford it, blah, blah, blah....

I have quit my job - I love financial planning and would love to keep on doing it. But I think when you see an opportunity that will make your children's life, your home life and family life better, you have to move and grab it. Regret is too big a risk. I am grateful though that I have a boss who was very understanding and knew a good idea when he saw it. He opened the idea of coming in to continue working when he needs help, and accepting my suggestion of keeping my licenses active with him. It works out really well. So this change, wasn't that big a change as I thought it would be....although my last day at the office was certainly an emotional one for me.

We have bought our new house - or at least, we're in the middle of escrow with it. It was a sudden decision, something that seldom happens with me. But we walked in the Open House, walked around and just knew it was our home. I told Brian that we had to make an offer - he was working 12 hour days and wasn't his spontaneous self but trusted my judgement. And here we are, a week later and we're clearing out our home to prepare for selling. Again, it wasn't as big a change we felt it was, the new house is a few streets away - we'll still be in the same neighborhood and enjoy a bigger, better home.

Sometimes the fear that comes with change isn't a the fear about the consequences of the change, just the unknown. I'm glad we made the move and jumped - nothing really changes in life for us otherwise.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cynch said...

first of all... you cheated! this entry was dated four months ago.. but i swear it wasn't there on that very day! hahahah!

anyway, wow! so many new things in your life. heard about the business and quitting your job, but not abt the new house.

congratulations!!!! i just hope that the business will continue to do good. you & bri have exerted so much for it. good luck. :)

9:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home