The Hypothetical Ball and Chain Saga

What began as a journal of sorts into the mind of someone planning a wedding from afar - the highs, the lows, the in-betweens - that ended in a wedding uniquely ours, to the continuing saga of married life and still being an amazon.

Friday, April 01, 2005

Afternoon of our Day or Part II

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
By the time I had calmed down, Ian was still sleeping and Jeoff and the hairdresser (whose name I forgot! I need to call and find out again) had arrived. We sat and chatted for awhile, then my Dulzzi Gutierrez, my bridesmaid and Ces Pilapil, one of my caregroup arrived. It was a relief to see friendly faces. It was fun talking and laughing and they both did their best to coo over Ian without waking him. I warned them, the person who wakes him up gets to take care of him. Hahaha

I was starting to stress and everytime I paused to think about something, the first word out of my mouth was STRESS. My friends kept me calm and laughing though, which was great. I was getting text messages from friends and family rsvp'ing and/or telling me they were bringing more guests to the wedding. At that point, I was no longer concerned about that, I knew I had 2 tables that were still empty (buffer tables), so I just said, "great! see you there." And I meant it. I was told that I was first so I went and took my shower for the day, yes I didn't take a shower the minute I woke up because I wanted to do it before I actually needed to, for the fresher feel.

My mom returned with everyone else with Max's fried chicken, pansit and drinks - by then the hairdresser began fixing my hair. I was going to be first daw to make sure my make up and hair stay on all night, the photographer was not a problem since he can still take pictures of my preps with the touch ups. As I was having my hair curled, people were walking around eating, texting, playing with the kids, no one was actually preparing for the wedding. That wasn't really bothering me anymore, now it felt like I was starting to get into the preparation for the day and not letting stuff bug me anymore.

When I started my make up with Jeoff, it was great - he has the lightest hands and the he really concentrates on the accents of your face. He blends and uses brushes like they're paintbrushes as he tinted my cheeks as a blusher...it was just the lightest, airiest, and prettiest make up I've had - I loved it. Eddie Boy, our photographer extraordinaire, arrived while I was being fixed and immediately began taking shots, of my still sleeping son, my playing daugher, my chatting friends and mother and tita. At about the same time, my coordinators arrived - Nenita and her crew of 4. It was a relief to see her because I get to give her all the things I was supposed to give her two days before. Finally, I get to let go of the things I prepared, give her the final instructions for the small details that had been gnawing at the back of my mind, and I was free to just experience the whole day.

Pretty soon and yet not soon enough since we were late (we were supposed to have left by 5pm for our 6pm wedding, instead we left at 5:30), everyone was dressed including my kids. Follow up calls to Brian's room assured me that he was ready too and since they were going to ride together with my Mom and everyone else. Moira, Chelle and myself were going to ride to the church together with Eddie Boy. Then, we were travelling to the church. Filcars' driver, Randy was friendly and knew where to go.

So, there we were, en route to St. Francis of Assisi at Fernwood Garden - I had butterflies in my stomach, nerves going like crazy...I didn't understand why. But I was heading to the church, to re-marry the man I loved.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow i really like the look of the church very elegant and ang lighting very dramatic..intimate ang dating..i hope we can see more wedding pics

=>Pinks

5:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home