The Hypothetical Ball and Chain Saga

What began as a journal of sorts into the mind of someone planning a wedding from afar - the highs, the lows, the in-betweens - that ended in a wedding uniquely ours, to the continuing saga of married life and still being an amazon.

Tuesday, April 12, 2005

The boo-boos

Before I continue the wedding day story, I suppose each bride to be experiences the little boo-boos and challenges before and during the wedding day. I had thought, this being a renewal of vows, I would be immune to all that...little did I know:

1. After having our bridesmaids lunch and getting all the outfits, accessories and hair and make up arrangements out of the way, two days later I get a call from one of my closest friends and a bridesmaid/secondary sponsor. She was really hesitant to tell me what was wrong, and when she did, I had to ask if she was joking. She told me she may have gotten sore eyes (pink eye) from her fiance. She thought about telling me when she was sure that she had sore eyes, but it was 2 days before the wedding, she knew it would be best to have an alternate ready just in case. The day before the wedding she called me at 8am. She has sore eyes. She arranged to have the gown sent to me because she lived in the South, while I searched for a proxy. THAT was fun. Luckily, my cousin came to the rescue and although we had to alter the dress, she was game for the whole thing, and things came out swimmingly.

2. Best Man arrived the day before the wedding at 10am. I was not worried because we've already corresponded weeks before about his measurements and the barong was done. They fit it at 2pm...it doesn't fit. It was so tight, he couldn't even button the shirt up himself. He gave me his measurements - chest 34', waist 32', length 38 long, etc...my friend who was doing the barong kept asking me, 'are you sure about the measurements?' I was sure and confirmed it. Somewhere between Brian's best man and I, we missed it - his chest was 39! Luckily, my friend saved the day by saying her tailors can have another one done in 3 hours...right before our rehearsal dinner. True enough, come 6pm, it was all ready and perfect!

3. The misallette, table numbers and seating arrangements were the last thing on my list of DIY things to do. But at this point, I was done! I was so stressed and overwhelmed, I couldn't handle it anymore. Brian to the rescue! He took the misallettes, table numbers and seating arrangements to have it done. He said it would take 2 hours...it took him 2 days! Brian's story next...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Hot Tub Repairs East New York said...

This was a lovely bllog post

1:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home