The Hypothetical Ball and Chain Saga

What began as a journal of sorts into the mind of someone planning a wedding from afar - the highs, the lows, the in-betweens - that ended in a wedding uniquely ours, to the continuing saga of married life and still being an amazon.

Friday, April 15, 2005

The Reception at Fernwood or Part IV

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
We were met at the end of the aisle by a shower of rose petals and hugs and kisses from friends and family. I knew Brian and I must have had the biggest smiles as we walked and greeted everyone. As we walked and talked the flashes from cameras kept going, Eddie Boy and my cousins were doing a great job documenting the event.

Eddie Boy took tons of pictures between the short walk from the church to the garden - we used a vintage car, the London inspired phone booth, the little bridge - for a few minutes I was imagining, so this is how it feels to be a model. We walked into the garden and watched as my secondary sponsors took polaroid shots of guests walking in, and tons of film on us too. I wanted to say, 'No, sayang ang film!' But I was too happy to think about planning at all. (No, I lied on the way into Cycad garden, I stopped by the registration table where a coordinator sat and asked about the reception arragements - she smiled and said, 'Everything is great.'- They must have to tell me that even when the venue is burning.)

I heard my cousin, Jing Jing, also our emcee, begin to introduce our entourage. Our godparents were presented and they walked down the stairs, then my Dad with Ian, and my Mom with Moira. When we were presented the String Minstrels stopped playing and I heard them start with our song: Amore. It was great! People clapped, smiled, laughed as we walked in and it was a great feeling. The place was absolutely BEAUTIFUL! I couldn't believe how gorgeous the place was - Robert Blancaflor did a fantastic job. Fernwood was beautiful in itself, but Robert's work created an entirely amazing world - my vision was made into reality. He was an absolute genius. We walked to the cake, which was perfect too. Karla did a fantastic job. The cake toppers were so cute! We had the cake cutting, the Best Man's toast and the Invocation...I wanted to sit down already, and then they announced that the buffet was ready - after a table was called they join us in the middle for a pictorial and then proceed to the buffet tables. It was going to be a looong night, Brian and I told each other - and we were starving!

Boy, we had a lot of guests!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home