The Hypothetical Ball and Chain Saga

What began as a journal of sorts into the mind of someone planning a wedding from afar - the highs, the lows, the in-betweens - that ended in a wedding uniquely ours, to the continuing saga of married life and still being an amazon.

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

A Horror Story

I've always relied on Fedex to send stuff from Manila to the US - especially during the wedding preps...this was how I got the swatches from Michi and the designs, as well as copies of contracts and stuff like that - essentials an overseas OC bride would need.

Well, this was the one occasion I was truly looking forward to. My mom received the photos already and was sending it to me. It was a Monday. My sister did the online thing to print out the shipping and requested for a pick-up. Monday passed, then Tuesday. Wednesday she called and filled out another request for pick-up. Nothing happened still. She finally started emailing and calling Fedex Manila office for help.

They informed her she would need to get an authorization letter from me since she was going to use my account to ship the package. She told them she had done this before with no problem and they said it was to protect the accounts of their clients (which I understand). They said they couldn't get in touch with me - so they contacted the US office to call me.

They called me at 7am to authorize the shipment. I didn't mind it, the person on the other line was more than apologetic for calling so early. She told me I will be receiving an email as to where to send an authorization letter to. At this point, it was Friday - 4 days since we've requested for a pick up.

I got the email, sent the information to the Fedex office in Manila to 3 different people to facilitate the shipment. I also asked them to expedite the pick up since it has been request 4 days ago and it took my sister to email AND to call before she could get any reason why there was a problem.

Saturday, they picked the package up! Yay....except they couldn't ship the CD containing the pictures because we needed a commercial invoice to do it and my sister had to fill it out and they'll pick it up LATER. My sister said NO...send it without the CD if necessary.

I checked my Fedex account - it was due to arrive at my house Monday at 10:30am. I am ecstatic, you have no idea. Monday comes I check my online Fedex account to see if it's been delivered...INCORRECT ADDRESS.

I was stunned. What? So I called the Fedex customer service and they told me that they couldn't deliver the package because it was an incorrect address. I asked them to give me the address and it was CORRECT. They asked if I had a missing apartment number or suite number - I said no and they said they would send it out to me in the afternoon. They also said they would have someone call me back to confirm. At 2pm, I called back and another customer rep told me it would be sent out that day - and re-confirmed the address with me.

At 6:00pm when I got home, there was no package. I called Fedex and the person who answered told me, it was coded to be delivered the NEXT day. I told him I had talked to 2 people who assured me that it would be delivered that day and he said the local office that was responsible was already closed, I can call the next day to talk to a manager - I asked them to note that I wanted someone to call me back.

At 8:30am on Tuesday, I called Fedex to RE-CONFIRM the address and make sure the package would be delivered that morning at 10:30 like it said online. It was confirmed and I waited. At noon I checked the online tracking thing and it said: INCORRECT ADDRESS. WHAT?! I called the customer service again and asked for an explanation - I've verified the address that morning and it was explained to me that it would be delivered. They transferred me to another person in Atlanta, then to another person in the local office and when I asked to just be transferred to a manager, to a manager at the local office. He asked for my number and he told me he would call me back in 15 minutes. By this time I was really irritated.

He traced the package, traced the driver and the courier and came back to me in 15 minutes. He explained that the first day, the address couldn't be read and so the driver could not deliver the package..which did not explain why it wasn't sent out that afternoon. He then explained that in the morning, it was their mistake as someone had made a mistake on the address and the courier could not send it. He had the package sent out that day. He also spoke to the person involved who wrote the wrong address, as well as the driver.

He gave me his direct line to contact him just in case there were any other problems. I went home and a Fedex box was sitting outside of our doorway...it took awhile, but it was finally HERE!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home