The Hypothetical Ball and Chain Saga

What began as a journal of sorts into the mind of someone planning a wedding from afar - the highs, the lows, the in-betweens - that ended in a wedding uniquely ours, to the continuing saga of married life and still being an amazon.

Friday, April 15, 2005

Then he sang...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
We were finally seated and food was being served to our table. Everyone on our table were already eating so it was with great relish that we started. The food was great! Via Mare certainly outdid themselves that evening - from the salads to the entrees...but where was Brian. He excused himself to go to the bathroom but he had been missing for awhile.

When he arrived, it was well into our next segment and Ate Jing, our emcee found a co-emcee. Moira! She was great, this was one of their exchanges:

Jing: How old are you Moira?
Moira: 4
Jing: How long have you known your Mommy and Daddy?
Moira: Umm...long enough. (Sound of the whole place exploding into laughter)

They were fixing something on stage and I was wondering what was going on. I asked Brian, but what would he know, he didn't do any planning. Then Jing called him on stage. A few minutes later, they called me. When I stood, I saw Brian standing in front of a microphone and a music sheet stand. A chair was being prepared for me. I already had tears in my eyes and nothing had even happened yet.

Brian spoke about our years together, what he felt about me and what the song he was about to sing meant to him. Then he sang. It was an original composition he had written and re-written over the years as we were together. I was crying, Moira was gazing lovingly up to her Daddy and everywhere around me I could see women quietly wiping tears as they smiled and watch and married men/men with girlfriends with an odd look to their faces ('She's going to want me to write her a song', was what one of my guy friends told me later they were all thinking.).

I knew Brian loved me, I never doubted that, but that night he proudly showed it, not only to me but to everyone who loved me too. That was a moment I will treasure forever.

6 Comments:

Blogger Lyra said...

*sniff*

nakakaiyak naman! so touching!

8:17 PM  
Blogger Leslie said...

Marla!
Huhuhu. I was so moved by your story. Cry baby pa naman ako. Ang sweet ni Brian.

7:13 AM  
Blogger Faye said...

that is soooo sweet! honestly, i was having goose bumps while reading your story. i'm sure every woman would love to have such a romantic serenade. moreso, it's an original composition. moira is so cute! a 4 yr old to answer like that?! that is just so smart. haha! tc.

9:36 AM  
Blogger Marla said...

Sobra...I've always read things like this happening in those high school love stories - but to have them happen in real life, by my husband? Grabe...tears of joy talaga. :)

2:58 PM  
Blogger Me said...

whattamoment! *sigh*

so sweet, grabe. can my hubby borrow brian's talent?! hehe..kidding.

7:01 PM  
Blogger Marla said...

hehehe...i'm so proud of him - pero just to warn you ha...he used to be a lead singer of bands when he was younger - PUNK bands...so his voice is great...but know what stylings he can do ha. ;)

1:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home