The Hypothetical Ball and Chain Saga

What began as a journal of sorts into the mind of someone planning a wedding from afar - the highs, the lows, the in-betweens - that ended in a wedding uniquely ours, to the continuing saga of married life and still being an amazon.

Friday, May 06, 2005

Ian's birthday

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
It's so funny having a young 2 year old boy...Ian is the class clown, his teachers always tell me how hard they laugh everyday with his antics. He's also a performer, he dances to the Wiggles tunes and pretends he's singing into a microphone as he's dancing and swaying to American Idol contestants - it is the funniest thing to see!!!

Yesterday was his birthday, Cinco de Mayo...Brian brought him into bed with me that morning and I cuddled with him. He was being a big baby (which is where he pretends he's a baby and wraps blankets around him) and I put him on my lap and snuggled with him (heavy baby, he's now 32 lbs). I can't believe he's 2 years old! I still remember him being my little baby boy - barely bigger than my arms and certainly not weighing this much. He has the most amazingly beautiful eyes that can make you melt and the sweetest smile that, even on my worst days, makes me smile too.

Brian and I took half the day off and bought Ian's gift, a red tricycle! We then went to the grocery to buy the stuff to cook his favorite rice and Burger Bundles, a Rausch family tradition, and balloons and of course, his cake! We bought everything and brought it home - so happy that it was a Thursday, our housekeeper would've just cleaned our house. We cooked, arranged, assembled Ian's tricycle and put stuff away.

When I picked him up at daycare, he was out in the playground with his sister and when he saw me, as usual and I love it, his face lit up and he started running to me calling out, "Mama, Mama." Moira looked up and ran to me too. That feeling is just too precious. We left and went home where Ian had the time of his life...

I love this...I can't believe he's two - he's just not a baby anymore.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

1 Comments:

Blogger Faye said...

happy birthday to your little boy! boy di na baby! awww... he's really cute!

10:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home