The Hypothetical Ball and Chain Saga

What began as a journal of sorts into the mind of someone planning a wedding from afar - the highs, the lows, the in-betweens - that ended in a wedding uniquely ours, to the continuing saga of married life and still being an amazon.

Wednesday, May 04, 2005

W@W egroup

I've said goodbye to a group of brides and grooms, all of whom I have never met except online nor seen except through pics on websites. And yet strangely, I am sad. They've been my support when while planning for our wedding, I felt soooo much stress or when I was confronted with these obstacles that just quite frankly annoyed me. (See previous entries) They've been a source of laughter when all I could concentrate on were my own struggles because of overseas planning. And a place to comfort and advice when they needed help.

It's interesting because we can build friendships without sight or touch or actual presence, and yet know these folks are friends. I will cherish them all and probably continue to be in touch with most of them. It was a good run but talking to new bride-to-be's and groom-to-be's just makes me miss my own preparations (don't tell my husband!). It also makes me linger onto the wedding part of my relationship when I've actually been in the married part for 5 years and 1 1/2 months now.

So onto marriage and N@W, the newlywed group (although, yes, technically I'm NOT a newlywed) and I'll try not to go into W@W too much...no promises though.

Well, maybe just to satisfy the wedding prep cravings I get once in awhile. =)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm so lucky i still get to keep in touch with you marla ;) take care!!

4:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home